Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Powered Aluminum Dragon (Part 1) 20 Mar 2016 17:17 #955

Hinge and alignment.

Last edit: by Don B.
The topic has been locked.

Powered Aluminum Dragon (Part 1) 24 Mar 2016 02:16 #956

Riveting .... splice and doublers on LE skin. Needed to hold in proper shape for the holes to line up.

Attachments:

Powered Aluminum Dragon (Part 1) 27 Mar 2016 05:54 #957

Finished riveting, weighs 3.42 lb, little heavier than I wanted, but very stiff. Next the loading to Limit....Stay tuned.

Attachments:

Powered Aluminum Dragon (Part 1) 29 Mar 2016 17:27 #958

Limit load test of elevator. Per "Faa Basic Glider Criteria" 12 #/sq ft. = 92 Lb. Uniform distribution span wise. The weights sit at the centroid of the ribs. This includes the gust loads. Elevator is mounted as it would be in the aircraft, from the hinges and control horn. Result...no deformation, usable part.

Powered Aluminum Dragon (Part 1) 07 Apr 2016 02:08 #959

Got my airspeed indicator today...Hall Wind Meter 0-80 MPH ....tested it with the car and it works pretty good.

Figured I would use it as a sure thing for initial flights.....its hard to know if a standard indicator is good because of negative or poor static pressure issues. I would be interested to know what anyone else is using considering the stall is supposed to be 19 mph.

Attachments:

Powered Aluminum Dragon (Part 1) 12 Apr 2016 21:47 #961

Quick sketch of engine and revised pod structure. Very preliminary drawing. That is a really small engine.

Attachments: