Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Carbon Dragon Plans on eBay 09 Dec 2013 01:55 #453

Hi Paul,

You can download the '$7.99' set of 1/4 and 1/2 scale study plans here: quid.us/carbon_dragon/ - they're not suitable for full scale printing, but are good enough to study. Read my earlier comments (in this thread) about the $50 CD... then keep reading back through the message archive on this group - it's all there!

Phil.

From: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. [This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.] On Behalf Of Paul Hardy
Sent: 03 March 2012 18:58
To: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Subject: [Carbondragonbuildersandpilots] Re: Carbon Dragon Plans on eBay

Hi, I’m Paul and I’m new to the group. I’m looking for a sailplane or motorglider to build. I’ve built several boats over the years and am well versed in glass/carbon fiber as well as wood construction. This will be my first plane. I am dieting and needed an incentive to keep on track. I’m 55 now, learned to fly as a teenager but haven’t flown in many years because I don’t think I would pass a third class medical.

I have seen two different offerings on eBay for Carbon Dragon plans. One is all PDFs for $50 and the other is JPGs for $7.99.

I know from having built boats from plans I received as files that only PDFs can be easily converted back to accurate scale drawings. I also receive some boat plans in AutoCAD formats and those are great if I want to send them to a blueprint printer but FedEx is much closer and they can’t handle CAD files so I use turbo CAD to change the plans to full scale PDFs and take them up to be printed.

Has anyone built a Carbon Dragon from either one of the CDs and are they complete, with things like the builder’s manual and other ancillary documents?

I’ve been reading posts here trying to get a feel for the task I want to undertake.

Paul

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: