Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Carbon Dragon Plans on ebay 09 Dec 2013 02:03 #459

No eBay APP ID défined in Kunena configurationForgot to add - if anyone has a copy of the original printed builder's manual (not the Word document!) I would really appreciate receiving a scan or a set of photographs of the pages - I'll add them to the archive of Carbon Dragon information and photos I'm building.

Thanks,

Phil.

From: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. [This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.] On Behalf Of Philip Lardner
Sent: 03 March 2012 14:50
To: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Subject: RE: [Carbondragonbuildersandpilots] Carbon Dragon Plans on ebay

Hi Jerry,

I bought this CD of plans when I couldn't put my hands on a set of originals - though I'm not sure whether or not this eBay seller actually has any legal rights to sell the plans. The plans are in PDF format and can be printed out at full scale by a commercial print shop (I got mine printed by my brother's engineering business' design office for free!)

The Builder's Manual that comes on the CD is in MS-Word format and is a textual reproduction of the original paper manual, though the Word document has lost the pagination of the original - which is a minor headache when you try to refer back to the manual from notes on the drawings that say things like 'See page xx of the builder's manual.'

You need to check the print scale on both the X and the Y axies on all the drawings before you start to lift dimensions and templates off them, and correct accordingly. I found my prints were within more or less 0.5% of the stated scale on the sheets.

To work out the actual scale of each drawing find the largest indicated dimension on the drawing (the larger the part you are measuring, the smaller your error will be):
Actual Scale = Physical Measurement of the Drawing / Dimension Indicated on the Drawing x 100

So, if you measure a part on the drawing using a ruler at 15.1" and the drawing states that the full scale dimension is 60" then the Actual Scale of the drawing is 15.1 / 60 x 100 = 25.17%

Scale Factor = Dimension Indicated on the Drawing / Physical Measurement of the Drawing

Using the same measurement and dimension off the drawing, the Scale Factor = 60 / 15.1 = 3.97x

Read through the message archive on this group (particularly 2011 to date) for lots of new information on updating the designs to use carbon rod and carbon fibre.

All the best,

Phil.

From: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. [This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.] On Behalf Of Jerry
Sent: 03 March 2012 12:49
To: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Subject: [Carbondragonbuildersandpilots] Carbon Dragon Plans on ebay

Saw these plans on ebay this morning. They're on CD. Has anyone purchased these ? Anyone know the story on putting them on CD ? I know they the originals are close to impossible to get.

Jerry

Radial Engine Skybolt