Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Carbon Dragon structural limits 10 Dec 2013 22:14 #526

Hi Karl,

You've hit the nail on the head re the visibility issue - that was my strong impression when I looked at photos of the CD too. However, after a quick look at the plans a simple solution presented itself - already discussed here groups.yahoo.com/group/Carbondragonbuild...ndpilots/message/287. In a nutshell, cut away the leading edge and angle the nose of the root rib out at 45-50 degrees towards the tip of the second rib and replace with a lexan nose-rib and thin lexan sheet for the leading edge in that section. It should improve the pilot's peripheral vision significantly.

Phil.

From: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. [This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.] On Behalf Of KarlS
Sent: 08 February 2012 20:03
To: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Subject: [Carbondragonbuildersandpilots] Re: Carbon Dragon structural limits

Thanks Dan. I will be honest I may have started a CD a few years ago but one thing stopped me. I saw some photo's of a pilot sitting in the plane from the front side view. It appeared that if he looked left or right he would have looked right into the wing roots. Not sure if this is true or not. Is that the problem with the visibility?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: