Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Carbon Dragon structural limits 10 Dec 2013 22:16 #528

Karl,

I flew the Carbon Dragon about 30 flights, mostly short patterns, but several nice soaring flights. I loved the way it climbed and handled. The visibility was relatively poor and since it climbed so well, I was always climbing up to people that I could not see. My flights were either test flights or demonstration flights. It was Jim’s glider, so I was very careful not to damage it. Gary Osoba, Steve Arndt and others have far more extensive experience flying the CD.

I fly sailplanes and hang gliders. I flew a 7 mile XC in my Falcon 3 hang glider on Sunday from a powered winch tow in very weak conditions. I also fly a 15m racer and share a SGU 2-22EK with others.

I work more than full time as an aircraft design engineer, so there is not much time to write a book. I would much rather work on a future for ultralight sailplanes.

Regards,

Dan

From: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. [This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.] On Behalf Of KarlS
Sent: Monday, February 06, 2012 1:31 PM
To: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Subject: [Carbondragonbuildersandpilots] Re: Carbon Dragon structural limits

Dan,
I was shocked last night when you posted. It was like almost unbelievable. How lucky you are to have been part of the beginning of this creation.

We as a group are lucky to have someone with the knowledge that you have. To know someone that knew them.

I personally fell in love with the Carbon Dragon as soon as I saw it for the first time.

How many flights did you have in the prototype if you don't mind me asking? What was your first impression? Do you still fly?

Is there any way you could write a book on here? :-)

Congrats on being part of history.

Thanks in advance Dan.

Karl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: