Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Carbon Dragon structural limits 10 Dec 2013 22:18 #530

hi kenny
you wont need to wory about not being able to fly in thread lift....you have oodles and oodels of float ability in the dragon.

on tail authority.....the builder of mine graham bets,told me the storie of his first flight...he had made a mistake in the build...he had the tail plane level with the top of the boom...its ment to angle down......he was towed aloft by a powered hangglider..he said after he relised... it was a bit of a shock to find the aircraft wanting to nose dive....but luckily he had enough authority to pull her up.

would this storie sugest there is no need for a longer boom?

one of my sail plane instructors is 110 kg....we pulled out the old bocian(old wooden 2 seater)with trevor in the front seat we could not spin her....:) i love flying in that configeration:)
russ.

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 11:20 AM, Rick Mullins <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.> wrote:

Just read the article you uploaded Karl. Thank you! It's great to get a little more background and history of this lady I have been spending so much time with this last three years..

From: KarlS <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>
To: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Sent: Monday, February 6, 2012 4:31 PM
Subject: [Carbondragonbuildersandpilots] Re: Carbon Dragon structural limits

Dan,
I was shocked last night when you posted. It was like almost unbelievable. How lucky you are to have been part of the beginning of this creation.

We as a group are lucky to have someone with the knowledge that you have. To know someone that knew them.

I personally fell in love with the Carbon Dragon as soon as I saw it for the first time.

How many flights did you have in the prototype if you don't mind me asking? What was your first impression? Do you still fly?

Is there any way you could write a book on here? :-)

Congrats on being part of history.

Thanks in advance Dan.

Karl

--- In This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., "Daniel" wrote:
>
> I read the file that KarlS uploaded and see pictures of Jim, Irv Culver, Gitas and I doing the load test. It sure makes sense that Irv was there, since he did most of the structural calculations. It was a pleasure working with those guys.
> Dan
>
> --- In This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., "Philip Lardner" wrote:
> >
> > Hi Karl,
> >
> > Please *do* scan and upload that article (and any others about the CD) to
> > the files or photos section of the group - I'd be very interested to read
> > it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: