Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: "Carbon" Dragon? 10 Dec 2013 22:50 #552

theres 200kg core in the bom bay doors...its bolsa....im just giving a heads up that there are lighter,stronger and cheeper core material for pannels when using thin skins....iv tested some and im passing on the knowlege.....the test pices were to look into other options for bulk heads and bulk head less boom and pod.....further moor what ended up being better than using pannels in terms of light weight and strenth was hollow square carbon tube..iv made a set for the boom and you know what it seems to me that you could split them and half the weight again.
russ.

On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 2:57 PM, Kenny <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.> wrote:

it makes much more sense to test the foam in conjunction with the sandwich or panel that you intend to use with it. The standard core tests are usually panel tests and 200 Kg m3 core would be use where on a CD?

--- In This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., russell wilson wrote:
>
> hi phill.....yes 200 kg m3...round .balsa.
>
> kenny i said test pices not ribs.
>
> russ.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: