Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Carbon Dragon structural limits 10 Dec 2013 22:56 #555

It depends on whether you build strictly according to the plans, or you deviate using the carbon rods to increase the wings capability. The carbon rods are Very strong compared to the old build technique. If you make the upper on lower flanges symmetric, and use the compression allowable for the cut-off, you end up with what is essentially a +- whatever g-loading you use in the calculations. I used 6g limit load (9 g ultimate, since the amount of carbon to get from 6 to 9 g's isn't that significant in terms of weight).

The other issue, as you have noted is that it was pretty much designed around a fly-weight. So, as I was looking at it, I scaled the wing up (with respect to wing area) 14% and then sized the wing spars for a 200 Lb pilot. At 6g Limit load, 9g ultimate, it certainly leaves some room for a pilot a bit over 200 Lb. It's relatively easy to make these calculations, and you can always do a test to confirm (always a good idea).

--- In This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., "Dewey" wrote:
>
> What are the positive and negative g limits of the Dragon?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: