Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Carbon Dragon structural limits 10 Dec 2013 23:02 #559

I believe that Steve Arndt might be in that weight range ... but he also built a very sophisticated and stronger wing.

See separate email which I will mail shortly that has a three videos by Steve Arndt.

Steve

On Feb 3, 2012, at 3:18 PM, Dewey wrote:

Am I really too heavy at 185 to safely pilot this design? Do not worry about hurting my feelings.

--- In This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., "Dewey" wrote:
>
> Steve, I weigh 185, can you elaborate on the the 185lb test-pilot's comments?
>
> --- In This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., Steve Adkins wrote:
> >
> > This is the closest I have seen to a description negative load rating
> > carbondragon.us/carbon_dragon_polar_v_diagram_large
> > I leave it to you to correctly interpret the v-diagram
> > Note: somewhere, I figured if you fly at a more forward CG, your max tow speed is lowered.
> >
> > Included in the packet is a one page write-up by Gary Osoba:
> > carbondragon.us/gary_osoba_pilot_report_large.jpg
> > In this article, Gary describes how the load limit is reduced as the pilot weight goes up.
> >
> > One early test pilot who weighed 185 pounds told me he felt very uncomfortable flying the Carbon Dragon.
> >
> > These images are from the seven-page information packet sent out by Jim Maupin for which I paid $10 (if I remember correctly).
> >
> > Good luck to you who are building. If the builder in Iowa, who now had my plans, please send me a progress report and a view photos.
> >
> > Steve
> > S. Steve Adkins
> > carbondragon.us/
> > ... this static website gets nearly 1000 visits per month)
> > I apologize for no longer keeping it up to date.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page: