Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Plans 16 Aug 2017 22:49 #1058

Hello everyone...

A quick question on the plans. I've downloaded the set that has been so generously posted on this site.

I'm currently looking for a hard copy as well, but that is proving to be a needle in the haystack.

My question is this; are the scanned plans good enough to build the wings? Everything but the ribs can be lofted, but those ribs...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Plans 21 Sep 2017 23:22 #1059

The rib drawing has some dimensions and my PDF program says the size of the PDF is 49.02x 35.36 in. You need to insert into a CAD Program at 100% and then digitize/make a polyline....With that you can plot a fullsize drawing of the ribs.

Plans 22 Sep 2017 00:44 #1061

I have the drawings converted to .TIF which I am able to insert into Autocad.

Plans 22 Sep 2017 01:34 #1062

Thanks for the suggestion Don. I'll have to play around with that.

The biggest obstacle to building,.I've discovered, is finding the length of Doug Fir to build the spars. Good clean dimensional lumber is very difficult to find.

Plans 22 Sep 2017 14:53 #1063

I once worked for a bleacher company in Champaign ILL that used Fir for their seats, it was aircraft quality I believe. I took home wood from their scrap for free. Old Barns often were of Fir, one beam should be enough. surplus bleachers

Last edit: by Don B.

Plans 10 Oct 2017 01:29 #1064

I didn't even know that sort of stuff existed, thanks for the link.

Poking around the corners of the internet I've found a few lumber mills that are doing Doug Fir flooring. Waiting to hear if they'll custom mill the required length. I probably sound like a crank so reply's don't come back very fast.

• Page: