Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

CD wing dimension and coordinates. 22 Dec 2014 11:20 #845

Hi Bertrand

I am a hang glider pilot who is getting too old to last long in a harness these days! and I looking for a ultra light glider to fly. I have been looking at the DC seriously (particularly as a friend of mine is building a ULF 1 and has similar age issues).

Professionally I am a structural engineer so I am investigating a redesign of the structure of the CD, leaving the aerodynamic design alone as this appears to have the performance I was looking for.

If you have managed to translate the airfoil sections into Auto Cad file I was wondering if you would make this available? It would simply save me some time as I have to go through the same process you appear to have just completed.

Thank you

Sean

Please Log in to join the conversation.

CD wing dimension and coordinates. 23 Dec 2014 19:59 #846

Hello Bertrand,

Can you provide us with a dxf file and/or the airfoil coordinates of your ribs? Thanks

Greg

CD wing dimension and coordinates. 23 Dec 2014 23:54 #847

Hi Greg,

There's a set of root rib and tip rib coordinates here: www.ihpa.ie/carbon-dragon/index.php/home...aerodynamic-analysis

I haven't analysed this set of numbers and can't vouch for them, but they might be worth comparing with Bertrand's numbers.

Roger Hardie may also have a set of coordinates and/or dxf files, as he has been entering the wing pland into Autocad recently.

Roger - do you want to chip in?

Happy Christmas all,

Phil.

CD wing dimension and coordinates. 05 Jan 2015 17:38 #854

Hi, here are my DXF files. Profiles are made with " Bezier curve " ( or spline B ) for more smoothness. There are two splines for extrado and two splines for intrado ( each spline have four control point ). The leading edge is an arc of circle, note that the radius in constant along the wingspan. From DXF, i extract a set of coordinate.
I don't think that the DXF will be usefull for you, most of the CNC software doesn't accept spline...

lien Dropbox CD rib contours DXF

File Attachment:

File Name: CDrootribc...nate.txt
File Size:1 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: CDtipribco...nate.txt
File Size:1 KB
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greg Nolan

Last edit: by Bertrand Botrel.

CD wing dimension and coordinates. 27 Jan 2015 16:01 #864

hello Bertrand
I buit 3D model on pro-engineer
I want to use your dxf rib contour, but it can't run on autocad
there is a error message :
"Valeur inconnue "AC1027" trouvée dans la version dessin.
Entrée DXF incomplète ou non valable -- dessin ignoré."
If other buiders have cad model, i'm interest.
Thanks a lot

CD wing dimension and coordinates. 27 Jan 2015 16:21 #865

Hi,
Are you using the DXF file? I can give you a DXF file out of Catia if that helps.

Greg Nolan
Detroit MI USA