Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Progress on Phil Lardner's All-carbon CD? (Part 2) 05 May 2022 11:51 #1317

For what it's worth: I've uploaded a partially complete FreeCAD model of the Carbon Dragon here for you to play with!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Progress on Phil Lardner's All-carbon CD? (Part 2) 15 May 2022 14:17 #1319

Found in FreeCad folder after install of FreeCad
Attachments:

Progress on Phil Lardner's All-carbon CD? (Part 2) 15 May 2022 16:17 #1320

Progress on Phil Lardner's All-carbon CD? (Part 2) 22 Feb 2023 01:01 #1324

Hello, I am a new joiner to this group and currently going through all the materials available on this page. I am very happy that there is so much information and knowledge. I would like to begin building an airplane and Carbon Dragon is beautiful aircraft. I like idea of All-carbon CD, therefore I want to ask. Do you think, it is possible to build another all-carbon CD with the information available here? I know, that original design of Jim Maupin and Irv Culver could be followed. It has been done by many others. But going all-carbon way is very attractive.

Thank you! Rasco

Progress on Phil Lardner's All-carbon CD? (Part 2) 18 Jan 2024 19:02 #1325

Rasco Rasco post=1324 wrote: ...I like idea of All-carbon CD, therefore I want to ask. Do you think, it is possible to build another all-carbon CD with the information available here? I know, that original design of Jim Maupin and Irv Culver could be followed. It has been done by many others. But going all-carbon way is very attractive.

Hi Rasco,

Apologies for not replying to your post back in Feb 2023(!) but I only just saw it now, while I was re-reading the forum on a cold, dark winter's night!

There is more than enough info on this website and forum to build a 100% composite Carbon Dragon, and if you ever have any questions that are not addressed clearly enough, then please don't hesitate to email me directly or post a question on the forum, here.

I'm in the middle of re-vamping the Carbon Dragon website to tidy it up a little, writing a few new construction articles that I never quite got around to before now(!) and also showcase Jim Maupin's other glider designs (Windrose & Woodstock), as I'm about to start building a heavily modified, electric Windrose motor glider!

Feel free to post questions to this forum topic or (better yet) start a new forum topic.

All the best,

Phil.

Last edit: by Phil Lardner.