Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Powered Aluminum Dragon (Part 1) 29 Nov 2015 19:42 #940

I just found out my ISP was rejecting e-mail from this account. I note I have received e-mail over time and I am sorry I have ignored you. I have changed my e-mail address in my set up and hopefully I now will get e-mails. If you are still interested in file exchange or correspondence with me lets try again

Don
The topic has been locked.

Powered Aluminum Dragon (Part 1) 20 Feb 2016 01:40 #946

I purchased a 3W 200 model airplane engine for power launch. 20 hp 10 Lb. at 6800 rpm. Started the elevator. Elevator ribs done working on spars. I plan to load the elevator to limit (12 psf) to test my calculations. Pictures to follow if there is interest. E-mail and respond to show interest. I have been having problems getting e-mail from the link here. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. should get through.

Powered Aluminum Dragon (Part 1) 20 Feb 2016 21:29 #947

Phil wants more so here is more, not much,..... seen one rib seen them all.

Last edit: by Don B.

Powered Aluminum Dragon (Part 1) 22 Feb 2016 15:46 #948

The material is .025 and .016 2024-T3 One needs a bending break to make the angles. I use standard aircraft 3/32 AD rivets. I do not like pop rivets, they are expensive and not as strong. I can not recommend this brand of Chinese bending break, I had to do extensive work (fabrication) to make it bend correctly. I did not pay much for it though.

Attachments:

Powered Aluminum Dragon (Part 1) 25 Feb 2016 22:34 #949

Elevator 1/2 no major mistakes

Attachments:

Powered Aluminum Dragon (Part 1) 28 Feb 2016 01:39 #950

other 1/2 spar done,....2 days to cut, form and rivet. Sunday, will splice the two halves. Going slow sort of making up the assembly order as I go. The 1 1/2 x 3/16 aluminum angle it is sitting on is my flat surface for now, works well and is very flat.

Attachments: